Boost your immune system with a quick ginger shot recipe
This is one of my favorites when I feel like giving my immune system a little extra boost. No wonder why ginger is used so much across South-East Asia.
It is super-strong, seriously. 🙂
All you need is a blender. Juicer works too, but for the texture, and the content I prefer the blender.
Benefits of ginger:
Ginger is among the world’s healthiest foods. Aromatic and spicy.
- fights germs
- lowers blood sugar levels and
- lowers cholesterol levels
- reduces muscle pain and soreness
- reduces menstrual pain
- antioxidant: protects against disease
- relieves indigestion
- may improves brain functions and protects against Alzheimer’s disease
- 5 cm fresh ginger
- 2 lemons or 3 limes or 100% bio jus version. Then about 50ml.
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional, if you prefer more sweet flavors: 1-2 teaspoons of honey (I don’t use honey.)
These quantities are just ideas. Feel free to add more or less depending on your taste.
1) peel the ginger root. My quick hack is to take a teaspoon to rub the skin off with its edges. Then chop it into a few smaller cubes.
2) squeeze the lemons and add it to the blender, or add the juice. Add ginger, cayenne pepper and honey to the blender too.
3) blend them all, pour in a glass and enjoy.
As I mentioned above, this is a very strong shot, and it may tastes strange if you are not used to its intensity. You may get used to it with the second or third sip. If not, then feel free to add a little herbal tea.
I drink these shots a few hours after meal and at least an hour before my next meal. After drinking it, I avoid drinking other fluids for at least half an hour-long, so that all these great ingredients can be well processed.
OTHER BLOG POSTS
Be flexible – start with your mind Stretching has so many benefits, and they are not all physical. If you build your mobility routine and incorporate flexibility exercises in your daily life, you will see that this reflects on your mind too. And the same is true for...
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
Private Wellness Retreat in Villas Have you ever considered a bespoke private retreat? Does the idea of an exclusive wellness retreat in Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat or Cap d’Antibes sound like a dream? It’s a dream that at Balance & Core we can make come true....